What a wonderful feeling that as I prepare our Sabbath meal and get our home in order that there are thousands of people all over the world in unity with the Sabbath.
To give glory to God is to honor Him in all that we do, including eating and drinking 1 Corinthians 10:31. Asking us to give glory to God is a message of obedience to God’s physical and moral laws. It calls men and women to worship on the Bible Sabbath as a memorial of creation (Revelation 14:11 and Exodus 20:8-11). It is an invitation to return to the Bible Sabbath of the seventh day, Saturday.
Characteristics of God’s True Church:
- It is a worldwide movement.
- It proclaims the everlasting gospel.
- It teaches that we are living in the judgement hour and emphasizes that Jesus is coming soon.
- It leads men and women to obey God’s commandments.
- It teaches men and women to “give glory to God” in what they eat or drink. It helps them to understand the necessity of refraining from alcohol, tobacco and unclean foods.
- It explains the significance of worshipping our loving Creator on the seventh-day Sabbath.
- It leads men and women out of religious confusion to God’s truths.
- It warns against accepting any sign of human authority in the place of God’s Word.
- It teaches that death is a peaceful sleep until the resurrection (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 and 1 Corinthians 15:12-15, 51-57).
Once again on this Sabbath I am thanking God for preserving the chain of truth through the centuries. I am also thanking Him for His guidance.
If you are looking for a church that really makes a difference in your life, I invite you to go and share at the Seventh-day Adventist church in your community; wherever you go in the world you will always find these three things: A Seventh-day Adventist church, gum and Coca-Cola. Happy Sabbath! God bless you!